CALL US: (512) 301-6000
Building and remodeling homes since 1982 in Austin’s loveliest communities, Katz Builders, Inc brings years of longevity and outstanding reputation to your design, building and remodeling experience.
We bring exceptional craftsmanship and customer service to every project. Katz Builders instills professionalism and simplicity to the “team design build process”, intergrading our talented, experienced professionals.
Our initial consultation starts with a conversation about your needs and wants. Our simple pre-construction professional services agreement outlines the design build services to which the Katz Builders Team commits, with the intention of ultimately signing a contract for construction when the drawings, specifications and costs are finalized. By providing the team approach to design build, the goal is to transition seamlessly from design to construction, minimizing lost dollars and time caused by potential redesign after construction is started.
An important aspect of construction documents are the specifications, which detail the “bricks and sticks" methods of construction. A set of specifications will be prepared by our Team and presented to you.
The entire creative process requires anywhere from 6 to 8 months, depending on how extensive the level of customization and the scope of the build/remodel. In unique cases, it has taken as much as one year, especially if owners are indecisive.
To understand the client needs, thoughts, ideas, and timeline.
With our assistance, we put your design team together.
Identify the budget, risk of overages, and one that fits your lifestyle.
Preliminary drawings & specifications to fit your home and vision.
Review the design to see if it meets your needs and ideas of a dream project.
Make preliminary selections of the main items that will drive the cost of the project.
Create and present a price proposal to identify if it is reflective of envisioned project.
Get plans structurally engineered, assist in obtaining funding for the project, and obtain permits if necessary.
Our talented team of professionals, ensures your project adheres to the highest level of craftsmanship.
Our in-house, highly professional team will ensure every detail is finalized and within designated timeline.
We will follow up after the project is complete to ensure everything has met our standards of customer satisfaction.
DESIGN BUILD PROCESS
- Initial Consultation: To understand the client needs, thoughts, ideas, and timeline.
- Assemble Team: With our assistance, we put your design team together
- Budget: Identify the budget, risk of overages, and one that fits your lifestyle
- Create a Design: Upon acceptance of the Professional Pre-Construction Services Agreement, the design process will begin. Meetings will be held with you and the design professionals, i.e, Architect, Interior Designer and a Katz Builders Project Management Team Member, enabling us to participate in the design process and provide additional feedback. As designs unfold, there may be opportunities to create more than one design option. As the project develops, we will prepare periodic cost updates. Our goal is to meet as much of your wants and needs as well as be good stewards of the targeted investment. Because we use web based project management software, communication through the design phase as well as construction is not a problem no matter where you.
- Design Review: Review the design to see if it meets your needs and incorporates as many wants as budget allows.
- Material Selection: Make selections of the main items that will drive cost of construction
- Proposal: Create and present a price proposal of the plans to identify if it is reflective of your envisioned project: With plans, selections and specifications, we will prepare an estimate of cost. Unless there are major changes to the overall scope of the project, we can expect that the preliminary cost that we provide at the beginning of design will be very consistent with the final cost at the completion of construction documents.
- Planning: Get plans structurally engineered, assist in obtaining funding for the project, and obtain permits if necessary.
- Construction Process: Because we pride ourselves on meeting or exceeding code requirements, our talented team of professionals is dedicated to quality craftsmanship and a beautiful finished result.
- Project Complete: Our in-house, highly professional team will ensure every detail is finalized from punchout to warranty.
- Post Construction: We will follow up after the project is complete to ensure we have met our standards of customer satisfaction. This is your home that we have built or remodeled and it will be so as long as you live there. However, even after you sell it, it will always have a Katz Builders, Inc. signature.
Design and Cost
Upon acceptance of the Profession Pre-Construction Services Agreement, we will begin the process of design. During the design phase we will meet with you and your design professional/ architect enabling us to participate in the design process and provide additional feedback. Long distance communication is not a problem; our office and Team are fully automated.
Fees that may be incurred by you
2. Tree and topography survey of your home lot site
3. Survey that shows home, sidewalk, driveway on your site for remodeling projects
4. Structural Engineer
5. Soils testing
6. Septic design
In addition to visiting with the design professional/architects, you will also be meeting with the interior designer at intervals to determine selections and finishes for costing purposes. When possible, we will prepare periodic cost updates during the design process.
Because of the intimate involvement of the Project Manager and Project Coordinator throughout the design process the transition to construction start is efficient and timely. All professionals such as Architect, Engineer, Inferior Designer, Landscape Designer, etc. remain involved and are consulted when necessary during construction, insuring design integrity.
Both a Project Manager as well as a Project Coordinator serve as main points of contact to the homeowner. The Project Manager's priority is overseeing work progress on site, insuring the high-quality performance of our Trades partners, daily and critical path scheduling as well as safety and cleanliness of the home site. Each Project Manager is charged with documenting job progress via daily/weekly photos, enabling team members to respond quickly to any questions or issues.
WANT TO KNOW MORE?
If you’re planning on upgrading your home or business, trust in the expertise and quality of Katz Builders, Inc. As a design build firm, we ensure that all steps of the process are completed with a keen eye for superior results, in house and on budget. Contact us today to schedule a consultation. We’d love to hear from you!